However, there are different issues regarding the procedures with respect to spreading ashes. Actually, there are no general rules that would apply to all places. The guidelines may vary from one area to another.
Cremations services are normally followed by the spreading ashes. Here are some of the essential things that you need to consider before doing the ceremony.
- Take into account the consequences of wind when spreading ashes. Wind is a major factor to consider before spreading ashes. As much as possible arrange the ceremony when the wind is not strong so that your scattering plan will not be affected.
- Look into the specific rules on ash spreading in the area. Be aware that in every place there are different guidelines to be followed in scattering cremation ashes. Knowing the rules is a must to avoid any inconveniences.
- Make sure that your spreading activity will not harm anybody else. The place where the cremation ceremony will take place is very vital. If you think that water and sewerage facilities are present in the area, you do the scattering cautiously as ashes might contaminate with the water.
- It is advisable that the cremation ceremony be done privately so it won’t affect the privacy of others.
- You need to take precautionary measures when you scatter ashes. Big amount should not be dumped in wet and swampy areas because fish and wildlife will most likely be affected by the ashes.
- You might be enticed to place markers or headstones to remember the loss of a special someone, but you need not to leave any trace behind. Cremation urn must be disposed or kept properly.
- Most importantly, make sure that the ashes will be scattered well and see to it that the cremation ashes do not have sizeable items like metals or bones.